As Diablo 4 Season 2 progresses, players are keen to know the best classes and build to dominate the game. With the recent “Midwinter Blight” update, the meta has seen some interesting shifts, particularly with the emergence of the Avatar of Zir. This guide presents an updated tier list for Season 2, offering insights into the top classes and builds.
Barbarian: The Unquestionable Leader
The Barbarian class stands out in Diablo 4 Season 2, particularly with the “Hold up Barbarian” build. This build has gained significant buffs, enhancing its damage output and making it a formidable player choice. The Barbarian’s ability to consistently tackle tier 100 Siil and its one-shot capabilities make it a top-tier choice.
Why Barbarian Reigns Supreme
- Significant Buffs: The Barbarian has received substantial updates, boosting its damage potential.
- Versatility in Builds: Other builds like Landslide and Double Swing remain strong contenders.
- Leaderboard Dominance: Although not official, leaderboards show a strong presence of Barbarians, indicating their effectiveness.
Druid Class: A Mixed Bag
While Druids might not be at the top of the leaderboard, specific builds like Shred and Pulverize are worth considering. Druids offer a unique gameplay experience, though they may not be the best choice for pushing the Avatar of Zir.
Druid Builds to Consider
- Shred Druid: A challenging yet rewarding build.
- Pulverize Druid: An excellent choice for beginners, offering a balance between range and power.
Sorceress: A Versatile and Powerful Choice
Sorceresses are a great pick in Season 2, thanks to their ability to bypass the need to apply vulnerability. They offer diverse skills, making them an ideal choice for players seeking variety and effectiveness.
Top Sorceress Builds
- Ball Lightning: Highly effective and allows for melting down content effortlessly.
- Quad Damage and Ice Shards: Although secondary to Ball Lightning, these builds offer competitive gameplay.
Rogue Class: Dependent on a Bug
The Rogue class’s effectiveness largely hinges on a bug related to combo points. If this bug is addressed, the Rogue might see a decline in effectiveness. Therefore, many players choose to enhance their rogue performance by strategically choosing to purchase D4 items.
Effective Rogue Builds
- Poison Twisting Blades
- Rapid Fire and Penetrating Shot
Necromancer: The Jack of All Trades
The Necromancer class stands out for its flexibility, allowing players to experiment with various builds. However, it doesn’t excel in mobility, which can be a limiting factor in specific gameplay scenarios.
Recommended Necromancer Builds
- Bloodland and Bone Spear: For players who prefer ranged attacks.
- Shadow Blight and Ring of the Menin: Offering a mix of damage and survivability.
Conclusion: Choose Your Class Wisely
Diablo 4 Season 2 offers a variety of classes and builds. While Barbarians dominate the leaderboard, other classes like Sorceress and Druid provide unique gameplay experiences. Remember, the best class for you depends on your playstyle and objectives in the game. Happy gaming!